Bitcoin Cash is a Bitcoin fork that enables holders to exchange and send assets via a decentralized peer-to-peer electronic cash system. It does not rely on any central authority like a government or financial institution. Therefore, many people want to buy Bitcoin Cash.
Bitcoin Cash is growing in popularity. It has many of the features of Bitcoin without the high market cap, and better transaction times and lower fees. Due to the peak in interest of Bitcoin Cash, many buyers are now looking to invest in the asset.
At BeInCrypto, we believe that every buyer should have the opportunity to invest fairly in Cryptocurrencies. Therefore, we’ve created a helpful walk-through for those looking to understand Bitcoin Cash, answer some important questions and guide you through the processes.
In this guide:
- Is it worth buying Bitcoin cash?
- Can I buy Bitcoin Cash with $20?
- How do I buy Bitcoin Cash right now?
- Where is the best place to buy Bitcoin Cash?
- Is Bitcoin Cash a good investment?
- Getting started on StormGain
- Signing up for an exchange
- Enabling security on your account
- Account Security is Important
- How to buy Bitcoin Cash
- How to buy Bitcoin Cash using the StormGain Exchange
- Convert cryptocurrency to buy BCH
- Become a part of the BCH community
- Frequently Asked Questions
Before we go straight into a guide on how to buy Bitcoin Cash, let’s answer a few important questions surrounding Bitcoin Cash.
Is it worth buying Bitcoin cash?
Due to the surge of interest in Bitcoin, privacy and better peer-to-peer transaction in the Crypto industry, BCH has naturally emerged as a leader in this field. As a result, many traders are now wondering how to buy Bitcoin Cash.
The asset has solid fundamentals, a strong community and has shown a stable, upwards trend in its price. Bitcoin Cash will remain a leading asset in this field for some time. It has yet to reach its previous all time high of $4,355.62 in December 2017, a promising sign of things to come for BCH.
Can I buy Bitcoin Cash with $20?
Yes, you can. You can buy Bitcoin cash with $20, $50 or any amount that you wish to buy. If you want to start with a small amount of Bitcoin Cash, then you can simply buy a fractional amount, such as 0.01 Bitcoin Cash. As a result, anybody can start their investment journey and build their Bitcoin Cash portfolio.
How do I buy Bitcoin Cash right now?
If you are wondering how to buy BCH, you can purchase it from all major exchanges, such as StormGain, Binance, and many other minor exchanges. You can also exchange existing Cryptocurrencies you may own to Bitcoin Cash, by swapping your assets to BCH or trading BCH on an exchange.
Where is the best place to buy Bitcoin Cash?
The best place to buy Bitcoin Cash is on any reliable exchange that supports trading and purchases of Bitcoin Cash. We suggest a popular, well-established exchange such as StormGain, Binance, or KuCoin, as these handle a majority of Bitcoin Cash purchases alongside high users’ confidence scores on the platform.
Is Bitcoin Cash a good investment?
Bitcoin Cash’s popularity is due to its versatility and ability to facilitate online payments. On the other hand, what was once a top ten cryptocurrency, has a current market dominance of 0.25%.
Based on recent price performance, overall Cryptocurrency adaptation and the need for better peer-to-peer transactions, it is unclear if Bitcoin Cash remains a good investment opportunity for your Cryptocurrency portfolio.
Getting started on StormGain
Now that we’ve covered some basics regarding Bitcoin Cash, it’s time to move on to the guide, which will cover four key sections on how to buy BCH.
For our guide, we’re going to use StormGain to buy BCH, as it offers quick and easy purchases of Bitcoin Cash, and is a trustworthy and reliable platform for trading Cryptocurrencies.
Signing up for an exchange
Our first step is to sign up for an account on StormGain, which is a quick and easy process.
- First, head to StormGain.com and click on “Start now” or “Get Started” to open an account.
2. On the registration page, enter the email address, phone number and password you wish to use for your account.
Enter a promo code if you have one, agree to the Terms Of Service and then click “Continue”.
You can also create an account using your Apple or Google account. For this guide, we’re going to use the standard sign-up process.
3. Congratulations, you’ve just signed up for your StormGain account! From here, you can either practice using a demo account or proceed to your real account.
Enabling security on your account
In this section, we’re going to cover how to properly secure your account on StormGain using email and phone number verification.
Users can also enable 2FA authentication using SMS or Google Authenticator.
- First, Login to your account, click on your profile via the StormGain logo on the top-menu and then select “Profile and settings”.
2. Next, select the “Verify Email” and “Verify phone number” options to receive verification codes.
3. Once selected, you will receive an email requiring you to confirm your email address and an SMS message delivered to your device. Enter the “SMS Code” into the box and then select “Apply” to complete the process.
4. After confirmation, you will see two green ticks next to your phone number and email.
5. You should enable 2-factor authentication on your account to further increase security. Select either of the two options, follow the instructions and complete the processes to activate 2FA.
Account Security is Important
Securing your account and your Bitcoin Cash is very important, so it’s good to take the time to complete all of the relevant security options. Now we’ve fully secured our StormGain account, we can move onto how to buy Bitcoin Cash.
Our next step is buying Bitcoin Cash on StormGain. StormGain allows you to pay using either bank transfer or via debit/credit card, so we’re going to cover both methods.
Other exchanges may require you to add and verify a payment method and then complete the purchase. On StormGain, you can buy Bitcoin Cash after completing the basic security requirements. You only require a credit/debit card to buy Bitcoin Cash, making the purchase process quick and easy for users.
In the next section, we’re going to cover how to buy Bitcoin Cash using a Credit/Debit card on StormGain.
How to buy Bitcoin Cash
Buying Bitcoin Cash with a Credit/Debit card is the easiest and quickest way to complete your purchase; it is highly recommended for beginners in the Crypto industry. This method only requires a valid bank card and a verified account. Meaning, your Bitcoin Cash purchase settles in as little as five minutes.
When you purchase BCH using a Credit/Debit card, you buy the asset at the given price at the time the purchase confirms. This means you receive the amount of Bitcoin Cash that was calculated when you entered how much you wanted to buy.
If you wish to buy Bitcoin Cash at a different price, using a bank deposit maybe your best option.
However, if you wish to buy BCH at market price, using a Credit/Debit card is the quickest and easiest way. When paying by card, you receive your Bitcoin Cash instantly on your account.
How to buy Bitcoin Cash with a Credit/Debit card
- First, from the top menu on StormGain, select “Deposit”.
2. Next, select Bitcoin Cash from the drop-down menu and then select your payment method. There are two credit card providers that allow you to buy BCH, both of which offer safe and secure purchases.
Both credit card providers have different terms and conditions, so ensure that you read these carefully and take note of the fees and terms offered by the provider. To complete your purchase, you may also have to sign up to an account and provide personal information to the credit card provider.
3. Select the currency you want to use and then enter the amount you want to spend in the amount section, then select “Deposit” to continue with your purchase. You can also use the three denominated price boxes if you’re unsure of how much to spend.
4. From here, you go to the payment page, where you can fill in your details and complete your purchase. Both providers offer different services, so you may require different information to buy Bitcoin Cash.
Both will require details such as card information and personal information such as an address, email and phone number to complete your purchase.
5. The amount of Bitcoin Cash you receive displays as an estimated amount.
Congratulations, you’ve just purchased Bitcoin Cash using your debit/credit card!
After buying BCH using a credit/debit card, you will be sent an email confirming your purchase and receive a notification when your Bitcoin Cash is available on your StormGain account.
Next, we’re going to cover how to buy Bitcoin Cash using the more advanced options available on StormGain.
How to buy Bitcoin Cash using the StormGain Exchange
On StormGain, there are other options for buying BCH, which involve converting stablecoins like USDT to BCH using the “Fast Exchange” option or trading via the exchange.
Stablecoins like Tether (USDT) are tokens that are pegged to $1, and allow you to use your dollars or other currencies on Binance. Due to their popularity, Bitcoin Cash is most commonly traded against dollar-based Stablecoins. Swapping to Stablecoins is a quick and easy process.
As always, we’re going to cover both options. The convert function is the easiest way to purchase BCH, as it involves a simple swap interface. However, you will have to buy USDT or another Cryptocurrency before using this function. We will cover this in the next section.
Convert cryptocurrency to buy BCH
- First, we need to deposit the USDT Stablecoin onto our account. To do this, follow the same instructions as above for purchasing with a debit/credit card and buy USDT instead.
2. When completing your purchase, you will be shown the amount of USDT you will receive from your purchase. Simply select the best option for you, press continue, sign up for an account with the payment provider and complete your purchase.
3. Once your purchase of USDT has been completed, you will receive an email notifying you of your purchase. The USDT funds will then appear in your StormGain account under the “Wallets” section of your profile.
Now we have deposited USDT on our account, we can use this to use either the “Fast Exchange” option or trade our USDT for BCH via the Advanced exchange
First, let’s cover the Fast Exchange option as this is the easiest and quickest option for trading our Stablecoins to USDT. This also allows you to wait for any price changes in Bitcoin Cash, as you can choose when to complete the swap.
How to buy Bitcoin Cash using the Fast Exchange tool
- First, select “Exchange” from the top menu of StormGain.
2. Once selected, you will be shown the Fast Exchange tool. From here, you can convert your USDT into BCH using the interface.
3. Enter the amount of USDT you want to swap for BCH in the USDT box. You will then be shown how much BCH you will receive for your swap. To complete the swap, simply press “Exchange” and your coins will be swapped.
All done! Once converted, your BCH will now be available on your account wallet for you to trade, hold or send to an external wallet.
Next, let’s cover how to buy Bitcoin Cash using the “Advanced” option, which is essentially an exchange tool to buy BCH. Although using an exchange may be daunting, it’s an easy, simple process to learn and complete your trade.
How to buy Bitcoin Cash using the Advanced Exchange tool
- First, select “Exchange” from the top menu of StormGain and then select the Advanced option. Once you’ve selected the advanced interface, select the “BCH/USDT” option to buy Bitcoin Cash.
2. Next, navigate to the right-hand section of the interface to the “New Order” section. Now, you have two options when buying BCH — a limit or market order.
Market orders are trades that are designed to be fulfilled as quickly as possible at the current market price. For example, if you wanted to buy BCH with a market order, the order will be fulfilled at the price of BCH when it was executed.
To buy BCH using a market order, simply enter the amount of BCH you want to spend and then select “Buy”. Easy! Market orders are completed instantly and your BCH will be available on your account straight away.
A limit order is an order to buy BCH for a specific price via an order book. Limit orders are ideal for buyers that want to buy Bitcoin Cash at a specific price and are in no rush to complete their purchase.
To complete a limit buy, enter the price you wish to buy BCH at using the “Limit Price” box, then enter the amount of BCH you want to buy in the “Amount” box. When the price of BCH reaches your specified price, your order will then be fulfilled and your tokens will become available on your account.
Congratulations, you’ve just purchased BCH using the StormGain exchange!
Once your trades have been fulfilled, your Bitcoin Cash will now be available on your account wallet for you to trade, hold or send to an external wallet.
Now we’ve covered all of the ways of how to buy Bitcoin Cash on StormGain, there’s only one thing left to do — HODL! If you want to store your BCH elsewhere, you can check out our handy guide on the best Cryptocurrency wallets available on the market.
Become a part of the BCH community
As you can see, buying Bitcoin Cash is a simple process when using a top-tier exchange such as StormGain. Now that you’re a Bitcoin Cash investor, you can take part in community discussions, browse social media and read up on everything Bitcoin Cash-related. Whatever you do, remember to enjoy the journey and get involved in the fun!
< Previous In Series | How to buy Cryptocurrency & NFTs | Next In Series >
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bitcoin Cash?
Bitcoin Cash is a Bitcoin fork that enables holders to exchange and send assets via a decentralized peer-to-peer electronic cash system.
Where do you buy Bitcoin Cash?
Bitcoin Cash (BCH) can be purchased from any number of exchanges. This includes StormGain, Binance, or Kucoin.
Can you convert cryptocurrency into Bitcoin Cash?
You can convert stablecoins into Bitcoin Cash (BCH). Given sufficient liquidity, you can convert some altcoins into BCH as well.
Is Bitcoin Cash Better than Bitcoin?
Bitcoin Cash processes transactions faster than Bitcoin. However, Bitcoin has a higher market cap, market dominance, and 24-hour trading volume.
All the information contained on our website is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. Any action the reader takes upon the information found on our website is strictly at their own risk.
At Learn, our priority is to provide high quality information. We take our time to identify, research and create educative content that is useful to our readers.
To maintain this standard and to continue creating awesome content, our partners might reward us with a commission for placements in our articles. However, these commissions don't affect our processes for creating unbiased, honest and helpful content.