Litecoin is a popular cryptocurrency created by Charlie Lee that helps users facilitate and complete payments online. Often seen as the “Silver to Bitcoin’s gold”, Litecoin is growing in popularity as it has many of the features of Bitcoin without the high market cap. Due to the recent peak in interest in Litecoin, many buyers are now looking to invest in Litecoin as it increases in price and use-case.
At BeInCrypto, we believe that every buyer should have the opportunity to invest fairly in Cryptocurrencies, so we’ve created a helpful walk-through for those looking to understand Litecoin more, answer some important questions and guide you through the processes.
Table of Contents
- How do I buy Litecoin right now?
- Where is the best place to buy Litecoin?
- Is Litecoin a good investment?
- Getting started on StormGain
- Signing up for an exchange
- Enabling security on your account
- How to buy Litecoin with a Credit/Debit card
- How to buy Litecoin using the StormGain Exchange
- An alternative option
Before we go straight into a guide on how to buy Litecoin let’s answer a few important questions surrounding Litecoin.
How do I buy Litecoin right now?
You can buy Litecoin from all major exchanges such as StormGain and Binance alongside many minor exchanges. You can also exchange existing Cryptocurrencies you may own to Litecoin by swapping your assets to LTC or trading LTC on an exchange.
Where is the best place to buy Litecoin?
The best place to buy Litecoin is on any reliable exchange that supports trading and purchases of Litecoin. We suggest a popular, well-established exchange such as StormGain, Binance, or KuCoin, as these handle a majority of Litecoin purchases alongside high users’ confidence scores on the platform.
Is Litecoin a good investment?
Litecoin remains one of the most popular assets due to its versatility and the ability to be able to pay online using it. It has now firmly cemented itself in the top 10 Cryptocurrencies and has proven to be a good long-term investment.
Many top online retailers and stores accept Litecoin as a payment option and fuel the need for Litecoin in the market. Based on recent price performance, integrations to online stores and overall Cryptocurrency adaptation, it’s clear that Litecoin remains a good investment opportunity for your Cryptocurrency portfolio.
Getting started on StormGain
Now we’ve covered some basics regarding Litecoin, it’s time to move on to the guide, which will cover 4 key sections on how to buy LTC.
For our guide, we’re going to use StormGain to buy Litecoin, as it offers quick and easy purchases of Litecoin and is a trustworthy and reliable platform for trading Cryptocurrencies.
Signing up for an exchange
Our first step is to sign up for an account on StormGain, which is a quick and easy process.
- First, head to StormGain.com and click on “Start now” or “Get Started” to open an account.
2. On the registration page, enter the email address, phone number and password you wish to use for your account.
Enter a promo code if you have one, agree to the Terms Of Service and then click “Continue”.
You can also create an account using your Apple or Google account. For this guide, we’re going to use the standard sign-up process.
3. Congratulations, you’ve just signed up for your StormGain account! From here, you can either practice using a demo account or proceed to your real account.
Enabling security on your account
In this section, we’re going to cover how to properly secure your account on StormGain using email and phone number verification.
Users can also enable 2FA authentication using SMS or Google Authenticator.
- First, Login to your account, click on your profile via the StormGain logo on the top-menu and then select “Profile and settings”.
2. Next, select the “Verify Email” and “Verify phone number” options to receive verification codes.
3. Once selected, you will receive an email requiring you to confirm your email address and an SMS message delivered to your device. Enter the “SMS Code” into the box and then select “Apply” to complete the process.
4. Once both have been confirmed, you will see two green ticks next to your phone number and email.
5. You should enable 2-factor authentication on your account to further increase security. Select either of the two options, follow the instructions and complete the processes to activate 2FA.
Securing your account and your Litecoin is very important, so it’s good to take the time to complete all of the relevant security options. Now we’ve fully secured our StormGain account, we can move onto how to buy Litecoin.
Our next step is buying Litecoin on StormGain. StormGain allows you to pay using either bank transfer or via debit/credit card, so we’re going to cover both methods.
Other exchanges may require you to add and verify a payment method and then complete the purchase. On StormGain, you can buy Litecoin after completing the basic security requirements. You only require a credit/debit card to buy Litecoin, making the purchase process quick and easy for users.
In the next section, we’re going to cover how to buy Litecoin using a Credit/Debit card on StormGain.
How to buy Litecoin with a Credit/Debit card
Buying Litecoin with a Credit/Debit card is the easiest and quickest way to complete your purchase, and is highly recommended for beginners in the Crypto industry.
This method only requires a valid bank card and a verified account, meaning your purchase of Litecoin can be completed in as little as five minutes.
When purchasing Litecoin using a Credit/Debit card, you buy the asset at the given price when the purchase was confirmed. This means you receive the amount of Litecoin that was calculated when you entered how much you wanted to buy. If you wish to buy Litecoin at a different price, using a bank deposit maybe your best option.
However, if you wish to buy Litecoin at market price, using a Credit/Debit card is the quickest and easiest way. When paying by card, you receive your Litecoin instantly on your account.
- First, from the top menu on StormGain, select “Deposit”.
2. Next, select Litecoin from the drop-down menu and then select your payment method. There are two credit card providers that allow you to buy LTC, both of which offer safe and secure purchases.
Both credit card providers have different terms and conditions, so ensure that you read these carefully and take note of the fees and terms offered by the provider. To complete your purchase, you may also have to sign up to an account and provide personal information to the credit card provider.
3. Select the currency you want to use and then enter the amount you want to spend in the amount section, then select “Deposit” to continue with your purchase. You can also use the three denominated price boxes if you’re unsure of how much to spend.
4. From here, you’ll be taken to the payment page, where you can fill in your details and complete your purchase. Both providers offer different services, so you may require different information to buy LTC.
Both will require details such as card information and personal information such as an address, email and phone number to complete your purchase.
5. The amount of Litecoin you will receive will also been shown as a estimated amount.
6. Congratulations, you’ve just purchased Litecoin using your debit/credit card!
After buying LTC using a credit/debit card, you will be sent an email confirming your purchase and receive a notification when your Litecoin is available on your StormGain account.
Next, we’re going to cover how to buy Litecoin using the more advanced options available on StormGain.
How to buy Litecoin using the StormGain Exchange
On StormGain, there are other options for buying LTC, which involve converting stablecoins like USDT to LTC using the “Fast Exchange” option or trading via the exchange.
Stablecoins like Tether (USDT) are tokens that are pegged to $1, and allow you to use your dollars or other currencies on Binance. Due to their popularity, Litecoin is most commonly traded against dollar-based Stablecoins. Swapping to Stablecoins is a quick and easy process.
As always, we’re going to cover both options. The convert function is the easiest way to purchase LTC, as it involves a simple swap interface. However, you will have to buy USDT or another Cryptocurrency before using this function. We will cover this in the next section.
- First, we need to deposit the USDT Stablecoin onto our account. To do this, follow the same instructions as above for purchasing with a debit/credit card and buy USDT instead.
2. When completing your purchase, you will be shown the amount of USDT you will receive from your purchase. Simply select the best option for you, press continue, sign up for an account with the payment provider and complete your purchase.
3. Once your purchase of USDT has been completed, you will receive an email notifying you of your purchase. The USDT funds will then appear in your StormGain account under the “Wallets” section of your profile.
Now we have deposited USDT on our account, we can use this to use either the “Fast Exchange” option or trade our USDT for LTC via the Advanced exchange
First, let’s cover the Fast Exchange option as this is the easiest and quickest option for trading our Stablecoins to USDT. This also allows you to wait for any price changes in Litecoin, as you can choose when to complete the swap.
How to buy Litecoin using the Fast Exchange tool
- First, select “Exchange” from the top menu of StormGain.
2. Once selected, you will be shown the Fast Exchange tool. From here, you can convert your USDT into LTC using the interface.
3. Enter the amount of USDT you want to swap for LTC in the USDT box. You will then be shown how much LTC you will receive for your swap. To complete the swap, simply press “Exchange” and your coins will be swapped.
Next, let’s cover how to buy Litecoin using the “Advanced” option, which is essentially an exchange tool to buy LTC. Although using an exchange may be daunting, it’s an easy, simple process to learn and complete your trade.
How to buy Litecoin using the Advanced Exchange tool
- First, select “Exchange” from the top menu of StormGain and then select the Advanced option. Once you’ve selected the advanced interface, select the “LTC/USDT” option to buy Litecoin.
2. Next, navigate to the right-hand section of the interface to the “New Order” section. Now, you have two options when buying LTC — a limit or market order.
Market orders are trades that are designed to be fulfilled as quickly as possible at the current market price. For example, if you wanted to buy LTC with a market order, the order will be fulfilled at the price of LTC when it was executed.
To buy LTC using a market order, simply enter the amount of LTC you want to spend and then select “Buy”. Easy! Market orders are completed instantly and your LTC will be available on your account straight away.
A limit order is an order to buy LTC for a specific price via an order book. Limit orders are ideal for buyers that want to buy Litecoin at a specific price and are in no rush to complete their purchase.
To complete a limit buy, enter the price you wish to buy LTC at using the “Limit Price” box, then enter the amount of LTC you want to buy in the “Amount” box. When the price of LTC reaches your specified price, your order will then be fulfilled and your tokens will become available on your account.
Congratulations, you’ve just purchased LTC using the StormGain exchange!
Once your trades have been fulfilled, your Litecoin will now be available on your account wallet for you to trade, hold or send to an external wallet.
Now we’ve covered all of the ways of how to buy Litecoin on StormGain, there’s only one thing left to do — HODL! If you want to store your LTC elsewhere, you can check out our handy guide on the best Cryptocurrency wallets available on the market.
An alternative option
If you’re looking for an alternative exchange to buy Litecoin on, Currency.com has you covered. It’s the only fully-regulated Cryptocurrency exchange on the market and offers over 150 Crypto assets for trading, including Litecoin. The platform provides a comprehensive, award-winning platform that makes it simple for traders of all experience levels to buy Litecoin, with key features including market-leading charting and leverage options, 24/7 customer support, FIAT on-ramps and demo accounts to practice with.
As you can see, buying Litecoin is a simple process when using a top-tier exchange such as StormGain. Now that you’re a Litecoin investor, you can take part in community discussions, browse social media and read up on everything Litecoin related. Whatever you do, remember to enjoy the journey and get involved in the fun!