Crypto wallets safeguard your private keys, which are crucial for accessing digital assets. D’CENT, a biometric hardware wallet, enhances security beyond the offerings of any hot wallet. D’CENT significantly lowers the risk of unauthorized access to private keys, making it a standout choice for crypto storage. This guide will detail the hardware wallet’s features and walk you through the setup process.
- What is D’CENT Wallet?
- The brains behind the secure crypto storage solution
- Cryptocurrencies supported
- Pros and cons
- How does D’CENT Wallet work?
- How do you set up a D’CENT Wallet?
- Connecting the D’CENT Wallet to a mobile app
- Receiving coins with D’CENT Wallet
- Sending coins with D’CENT Wallet
- Can you stake tokens on D’CENT Wallet?
- How does the D’CENT Wallet compare to Ledger?
- Should you buy the D’CENT hardware wallet?
- Frequently asked questions
What is D’CENT Wallet?
D’CENT Wallet is a hardware wallet designed for secure cryptocurrency storage and management, distinguishing itself as a leading crypto wallet. It features an advanced cold wallet with a large OLED display and user-friendly navigation through four buttons, allowing for easy one-handed usability.
Beyond its renowned biometric wallet, this non-custodial wallet offers a diverse product range, including a card-type wallet and a software wallet, which functions as a hot wallet, all accessible through a single mobile app. This versatility accommodates various preferences and use cases, giving users flexibility in managing their cryptocurrency assets.
The brains behind the secure crypto storage solution
IOTrust was founded by a team with extensive experience in the security industry. The CEO (Sangsu Baek) and team members, including Minho Yoo, had previously introduced the first-ever mobile payment system using cards in South Korea, boosting its track record of success. Another major team highlight is Android’s secure operating system technology, becoming the second global company to do so.
The IO Trust’s foundation is built on over 17 years of experience in the security field. Following the company’s listing on the coastal market, the CEO established IO Trust in 2017 and started building a blockchain wallet. This move was based on a strong belief that blockchain technology would be the next major breakthrough in the Internet sector.
The D’CENT Wallet boasts several notable features that contribute to its efficacy as a secure storage solution for cryptocurrencies:
- Security: Incorporates the market-proven secure chip, EAL5+ (Evaluation Assurance Level 5). This chip, commonly used in applications such as payment cards and passports, encrypts private keys and wipes information when an unauthorized user attempts to access it. Advanced crypto wallet security features include a 24-word or secret phrase, providing additional protection against unauthorized access.
- Biometric authentication: Offers robust security through biometric authentication, allowing users to register their fingerprints for enhanced protection. Supporting both thumb and index finger enrollment ensures that only authorized users can access the wallet.
- LED display and buttons: The wallet’s user-friendly interface includes an LED display and four buttons – Up, Down, Back, and OK – facilitating easy navigation for users, including those unfamiliar with hardware wallets. This design enhances accessibility.
- Bluetooth connectivity: The wallet incorporates Bluetooth connectivity, providing seamless and wireless access.
- Managing multiple wallets: D’CENT Wallet as cold storage allows users to connect multiple hardware wallets to a single mobile phone. However, to distinguish between different wallets, users can assign custom names to each wallet, making it easier to manage. The biometric wallet supports up to 80 different addresses or accounts, providing ample flexibility for users.
D’CENT Wallet supports over 3000 cryptocurrencies and 50 blockchains, making it a versatile choice for crypto enthusiasts. Users can securely store their assets from various blockchain networks, including popular ones like Ethereum, Bitcoin, Tether(USDT), and many ERC-20 tokens. It is also compatible with altcoins like Digibyte, Zenfin, Lony, Verse, Hico, Claytn, Polygon, and XDC.
Pros and cons
Here is the list of pros and cons of the D’CENT Wallet.
- NFT support: The app supports non-fungible tokens (NFTs), allowing users to view and manage their NFT collections.
- Network support: D’CENT supports various networks, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of cryptocurrencies.
- Marketplace and exchange: Users can explore the marketplace within the app, enabling them to exchange cryptocurrencies seamlessly. The app supports popular features like OpenSea and offers a user-friendly exchange interface.
- Account management: The app allows users to manage their accounts, send and receive cryptocurrencies, and even explore additional features like buying cryptocurrencies directly within the app.
- Create multiple accounts: Create multiple coin/token wallets (up to 80 accounts),
- Custom token support: Users can add custom tokens to their wallet, expanding the range of supported cryptocurrencies beyond the default list.
- Backup and restoration: The wallet’s backup and restoration features ensure that users can recover their cryptocurrency holdings in case of device loss or malfunction.
- Easy firmware update: The system’s firmware can easily be updated
- Firmware is not publicly available
- Cannot be purchased with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies
- No support for multisig
- Uses old USB 5-pin port
How does D’CENT Wallet work?
D’CENT offers super secure hardware wallets to keep your cryptocurrency safe. These wallets store your private crypto keys on a special device, offline and away from prying eyes. It’s like having a secret vault for your digital money.
The cool part is that the hardware wallet doesn’t hold your actual cryptocurrency – it’s more like a guardian for your keys and account info. Your crypto lives on the blockchain, which you access through a user-friendly software app. Plus, every transaction needs your approval, putting you in charge and keeping your assets extra safe.
How do you set up a D’CENT Wallet?
Inside the box, you will find the D’Cent Bluetooth-enabled hardware wallet, a Micro USB cord, A user manual, a ‘Get started’ card, and a recovery card – to store your recovery key.
The setup process of the D’CENT Wallet involves three major steps, including getting the device out of the box, downloading the app, and establishing a connection between the wallet and the app. The setup is designed to be user-friendly while maintaining high security. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to set up a crypto wallet for D’CENT.
- Power on and language selection: Press the power button for at least 3 seconds to turn on the wallet. Choose your preferred language from the options presented on the screen.
- Create or recover wallet: Users can create a new wallet or heal an existing one. For new users, creating a wallet involves setting up a secure PIN.
- PIN creation: Enter a secure PIN, ensuring it meets the minimum requirements. The PIN is a crucial element of the wallet’s security, and users are prompted to verify it for accuracy.
- Biometric enrollment: Users must scan their fingerprints for enrollment using the biometric feature. This step ensures that only authorized users can access the wallet.
- Seed phrase generation: A 24-word seed phrase is generated, serving as a backup for the private key. Users must carefully store this seed phrase, as it is essential for wallet recovery in case of loss or damage.
- Account and settings configuration: Users can configure account preferences and settings once the setup is complete. The wallet allows for the creation of multiple accounts, providing flexibility for managing various cryptocurrencies.
Connecting the D’CENT Wallet to a mobile app
Once the D’CENT Wallet is set up, the next step is connecting it to a mobile app. The wallet uses Bluetooth technology for connectivity, adding another layer of convenience. All you need to do is navigate through the device’s settings, select Bluetooth, and connect to the D’CENT Wallet. A visible blue light comes on after a successful Bluetooth connection.
The app allows users to manage their accounts, view balances, and initiate transactions. This mobile app integration complements the hardware wallet, providing a balance of security and user-friendliness.
How do you use the D’CENT Wallet?
With the setup complete, users can explore the practical aspects of using D’CENT Wallet for cryptocurrency transactions.
Receiving coins with D’CENT Wallet
To receive coins using the D’CENT Wallet, open the D’CENT Wallet app and enter your password. Confirm the connection of your hardware wallet by checking the Bluetooth icon.
Proceed to the ‘Receive’ option within the app, where you will discover a list of addresses linked to your hardware wallet. Select the coin account from the main screen and press the OK button; click OK twice to see the QR code’s address, and send it to the sender.
To ensure the utmost security, carefully verify that the address on the app corresponds to the one displayed on your hardware device, eliminating any potential doubts. This dual verification process enhances the overall security of your transactions.
Sending coins with D’CENT Wallet
Sending coins from the D’CENT Wallet is equally user-friendly and secure. To initiate a transaction, open the D’CENT Wallet app and select the ‘Send’ option. You can scan the recipient’s QR code or manually paste the address.
Once the recipient’s address is confirmed, specify the amount and proceed to review the transaction details. Importantly, the biometric wallet requires user authentication, which involves scanning your fingerprint or entering your PIN for final approval. This means if someone gains unauthorized access to the app, they cannot execute transactions without physical confirmation on the hardware wallet.
Can you stake tokens on D’CENT Wallet?
D’CENT Wallets are integrated with Hedera’s extension wallets, Blade, and Hashpack, enabling users to stake directly without relying on third-party services. Additionally, it supports applications on Ethereum, Polygon, RSK, Klayton, Tron, and Binance Smart Chains.
D’CENT Wallet price
The normal cost of the D’CENT wallet is around $139. The project often offers discounts and other promotions, but these are usually time-limited.
How does the D’CENT Wallet compare to Ledger?
When comparing the Ledger Nano X and the D’CENT Wallet, the key distinction lies in their capacity to support cryptocurrencies. The Ledger Nano X surpasses the D’CENT Wallet in the number of supported cryptocurrencies, boasting around 5,000 compared to the D’CENT Wallet’s approximately 3,000. However, the D’CENT Wallet covers an extensive range, including popular options like XRP, HBAR, Ethereum tokens, and Bitcoin tokens. The D’CENT Wallet’s comprehensive support suits most users unless they are dealing with particularly obscure or niche coins.
Another differentiating factor is the design and usability features. The D’CENT Wallet has a larger screen, making it easier to work with QR codes and enhancing the overall user experience. Its four larger buttons and biometric thumbprint authentication also contribute to smoother and more secure transactions. In contrast, the Ledger Nano X has a smaller screen and buttons, potentially making interactions less convenient.
Moreover, the D’CENT Wallet offers a more budget-friendly option. When purchased through specific promotions and links, users can avail themselves of various rewards, including free cryptocurrencies such as 12,000 XRPL casino coins, 1,000 JAM tokens, and an NFT. The cost-effectiveness, combined with comparable security features to the Ledger Nano X, positions the D’CENT Wallet as an attractive option for users seeking a reliable hardware wallet without compromising functionality and security.
Should you buy the D’CENT hardware wallet?
Designed for beginners and experts, D’CENT offers secure storage for multiple cryptos and is compatible with major operating systems and smartphones. It features a biometric fingerprint scanner for enhanced security, similar to chip technology used in credit and debit cards. While the wallet has a number of clear benefits, buyers should research carefully and consider their personal requirements before making any purchasing decision.
Frequently asked questions
Is the D’CENT Wallet safe?
Who is the CEO of D’CENT Wallet?
How many coins can the D’CENT Wallet hold?
How do I recover my D’CENT Wallet?
What happens if I lose my D’CENT Wallet?
Can I use the D’CENT Wallet on my laptop?
Is D’CENT Wallet open source?
How do I transfer my crypto to D’CENT Wallet?
How do I activate my D’CENT wallet?
How does D’CENT Wallet work?
Can you stake tokens on D’CENT Wallet?
How much is the D’CENT Wallet?
How does D’CENT Wallet fare compared with other hardware wallets?
Should you buy the D’CENT Wallet?