As the largest people-powered decentralized wireless network, Helium should be on every web3 aficionado’s radar. Powered by its native token, HNT, the Helium Network allows for wireless data transfer via hotspots. Individuals contribute to the network, which provides coverage — including 5g — to Internet of Things (IoT) devices, such as smartphones and tablets. Here, we take a look at the best Helium wallets on the market.al
In April 2023, Helium migrated to the Solana blockchain in order to expand and scale. So which wallets are compatible with Helium post-migration? Let’s take a look.
How to select the best Helium Wallet?
Selecting the best Helium wallet depends on your needs and wallet features. Choose an HNT wallet that provides maximum security for your HNT tokens. Consider a wallet with a user interface that is easy to navigate and compatible with your device and operating system.
If you are an active crypto trader, consider functionality including staking, support for DApps, and a user-friendly dashboard providing real-time market data. A strong community of developers and users will ensure that you can access vital resources and get prompt support in case of any issue.
Ensure that the wallet has a good reputation in the crypto community, as this is a crucial indicator of security and reliability. By choosing carefully, your wallet should be able to enhance your user experience and help you maximize gains on your HNT holdings.
What are the best wallets to store Helium?
The Helium token, HNT, powers the Helium network, utilizing the proof-of-coverage (PoC) consensus. HNT tokens form staking rewards for hotspot device owners for providing and maintaining the network. It helps users purchase network data and settle transaction fees.
-Support for various blockchains: Allows you to use and store assets from several blockchains.
-NFTs storage: NFTs can be stored within the wallet.
-Access to Uphold: Allows you to use Uphold’s services straight from the wallet.
-Buy and sell cryptocurrencies: You may buy and sell cryptocurrencies.
- Supports several blockchains
- Allows you to use Uphold services
- Stores NFTs
- Restricted by location
- Not non-custodial
– Large capacity for storing apps
– Supports IoS, Mac, Windows, and Linux
– 2FA, wallet recovery seed phrase to restore your HNT wallet in the event of loss and PIN code
– Mobile app and desktop wallet
– Navigation via a simple and intuitive interface.
– Staking via Ledger Live
– NFT access
– Interoperability with other popular wallets like MyEtherWallet
– Offline storage is highly secure
- Resourceful educational crypto content and market analysis tools
- Bluetooth connectivity
- The offline private keys storage offers added security
- User-friendly interface
- Suits long-term holding, not so good for trading
- High price point
- The recent controversy surrounding the hardware wallet's new "Recover" feature has led many to look for Ledger alternatives.
– Deploys recovery feature (Shamir Backup), allowing generation and distribution of 16 wallet recovery shares to store in different places
– NFT support
– Desktop wallet and browser extension
– Good battery support and long standby time of up to 259 hours
– Self-destruct mode in case of loss or unauthorized use
– Helpful educational content
– Easy setup and can integrate third-party software
– Market survey tools
- Fully open-source
- 2FA and multi-signature
- Integrates swaps
- Offline storage is highly secure
- Requires additional software for NFT storage
- No mobile app
- Versatile and accommodative for diverse digital assets
- Desktop wallet, mobile wallet, and browser
- Direct trading from the cryptocurrency wallet and connection with Binance.
- Multiple currency support
- Trust Wallet’s user-friendly interface suits beginners and experienced crypto users.
- Resourceful learning content
- No integration with cold wallets
- No 2FA or multi-signature support
– Diverse crypto support
– Support for several popular altcoins
– Available for Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, and Android devices
– Encrypted private keys
– Direct token purchase using the mobile app
- Access to DApps, staking, and NFTs
- Swap with cashback
- Free download
- Multi-currency support
- Option to a wallet backup using a wallet recovery backup phrase
- Connects with Atomic Swap exchange
- Beginner friendly
- Does not support 2FA
- High fees
- Helium Wallet suffered a hack worth $35 million in June 2023.
Cryptocurrency support: Helium Wallet App integrates multiple account support and allows the importation of existing Helium Network wallets.
Type: This wallet app is the native of the Helium Network (HNT). The app only displays the amount and value of the HNT token. The portfolio comprising other tokens held in the HNT Wallet and their values are not visible.
- Provide token locking and staking pools and pays for staking rewards
- Voting power
- Wallet backup
- Connects to DApps like Crowdspot
- Helium and Solana tokens exchange
- Allows importation of multiple wallets to a maximum limit of 10
- Seed phrase cannot be recovered if lost
- App only displays HNT and its value
– Browser extension supporting Brave, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox
– Compatible with Ledger hardware wallets
– Built-in DEX for swaps
– Supports iOS and Android mobile applications
– Solana-based NFT minting, purchase, and storage
- Mobile iOS and Android, chrome extension, web
- Staking capabilities
- Limited to Solana Network
- Ledger integration, purchases, and swaps
- Ease of use
- NFTs support and SOL staking
- Multi-channel: mobile, browser extension, desktop, web
- Live chat support 24/7
- Offers only SPL token support
The best Helium wallet is down to your needs
Which wallet you decide on will depend on your personal needs and preferences. All users should be looking to obtain a secure HNT wallet; the level of features and benefits you require will be down to your intended actions. Remember to do your own research and always follow crypto wallet security in order to keep your crypto safe.
Frequently asked questions
What wallet to use for Helium?
Does Helium have a wallet?
What wallet accepts HNT?
Is Helium on the Solana Network?
In line with the Trust Project guidelines, the educational content on this website is offered in good faith and for general information purposes only. BeInCrypto prioritizes providing high-quality information, taking the time to research and create informative content for readers. While partners may reward the company with commissions for placements in articles, these commissions do not influence the unbiased, honest, and helpful content creation process. Any action taken by the reader based on this information is strictly at their own risk.