The Casper Network is a cutting-edge blockchain created by Casper Labs. Casper’s blockchain is designed to enhance the development process, enabling creators to build applications that are not only scalable but also equipped to adapt to future technological advancements. To stake on the Casper network, participate in governance, or pay transaction fees, you must have the native coin CSPR in your wallet. Here are our top recommended wallet choices for storing CSPR.
Methodology: How did we select the best wallets for CSPR?
This CSPR wallet guide identifies seven of the most credible options in the market as of Jan. 5, 2024. Each wallet has been tested for security implementations, exchange integrations, staking support, user protection, and more.
Here are the inferences:
Bitget for holding CSPR
Bitget offers multi-chain support, which helps take CSPR to other chains for transactions. Direct CSPR staking and payment processing are also allowed. Bitget — the exchange — has a highly liquid CSPR trading pair in CSPR/USDT, making direct wallet-specific purchases possible. Bitget, in 2022, added CSPR to the innovation zone, announcing rewards of up to 320 CSPR for early CSPR deposits. Bitget wallet supports hardware wallet integrations, offers fund protection support up to $300, and allows swaps, OTC trading, and Dapp interactions.
Buy and Hold CSPR using the KuCoin wallet
KuCoin allows access to 700+ crypto assets via its wallet, allowing quick and low-cost CSPR swaps. Then, there is the soft staking option directly within the KuCoin wallet, where CSPR tokens aren’t locked. The KuCoin trading pair — CSPR/USDT, enjoys high liquidity of 557, per CoinMarketCap data, allowing fast CSPR-specific trade executions from within the wallet.
Ledger wallets for storing CSPR
Ledger wallets take complete care of fund security as the tokens are always offline. Other traits include the presence of secure element chipsets, PIN-based protection, and physical buttons for manually confirming transactions. Both the Ledger wallets mentioned in this discussion — Nano S and Nano X — are CSPR compatible, which compatibility extends to the Ledger Live software. Direct staking and lending are supported as the Ledger wallet can connect CSPR to different exchanges. Plus, there is an option to set an additional passphrase.
Storing CSPR on the Gate.io wallet
Storing CSPR on the Gate.io wallet makes sense, as the CSPR/USDT pair on Gate.io enjoys an excellent trading volume percentage of 26.36 to date. Even the liquidity score is as high as 500, ensuring wallet orders are direct and executed at a clip. Gate.io wallet supports 1400+ cryptocurrencies, ensuring easy CSPR-to-crypto swaps.
Casper wallet for holding CSPR
Casper Wallet is the native platform for holding CSPR tokens. The wallet supports interactions with the Casper blockchain Dapps and is easy to set up. Additionally, the wallet can be used as an iOS and Android mobile app. Security-wise, the Casper wallet brings in the concept of a secret passphrase for account recovery and permission-backed data sharing.
Trust wallet and CSPR tokens
Trust Wallet has a user base of 60 million +. Including CSPR, it can handle over 9 million crypto assets, which also comprise NFTs. Plus, it works with 70+ chains, including the Casper network. In the app, staking is supported, followed by private key ownership as the built-in security element. Trust Wallet opens access to the Web3 world, brings in a security scanner, and supports quick token swaps via THORChain and other ecosystems.
Holding CSPR on the Coin98 Wallet
The Coin98 wallet interacts with 11+ blockchains, making CSPR a multi-chain asset. Besides multi-chain compatibility, there is quick crypto and NFT transfer support, passphrase control as the security feature, and the ability to swap and exchange different cryptocurrencies. Coin98 even connects to hardware wallets like Ledger Nano variants and Trezor, further securing CSPR holdings.
These exchange and self-custody wallets have been tested rigorously across multiple parameters. To know more about the process and BeInCrypto’s methodology verification, click the link.
What is Casper?
Casper stands out as a generalizable proof-of-stake (PoS) blockchain, meaning it enables the use of programmable smart contracts and decentralized applications (DApps).
Moreover, CSPR functions as the primary utility token within the Casper ecosystem. This versatile cryptocurrency fulfills various roles in the network, such as rewarding PoS validators. Additionally, regular users utilize CSPR to engage with the services and features of Casper.
“As businesses face growing competition and ever-tighter margins, blockchain technology—and specifically smart contracts—can unlock new value streams and enable businesses to stay competitive.”
Mrinal Manohar, CEO of Casper Labs: Forbes
Top casper wallets
Previously known as the Bitkeep wallet, Bitget is a popular partner for Casper, Polygon, Ethereum, and BNB Chain mainnets. Bitget is a multi-chain wallet that allows staking, lending, swapping, trading NFT, storing, sending, and receiving crypto.
- Multi-chain ecosystem
- Gateway to web3
- Good security reputation
- Easy to use and manage assets
- Relatively new project that isn’t as well known as some of its competitors
KuCoin Wallet is a self-custodial wallet by the KuCoin cryptocurrency exchange that supports over 700 cryptos. You can buy, sell, and trade your CSPR or any other supported coins. Additionally, KuCoin cryptocurrency exchange is available on desktop, IOS, and Android mobile devices.
However, this wallet is better suited for experts as the KuCoin platform has various tools and features that may overwhelm a beginner. Additionally, KuCoin is not licensed in the U.S.; thus, you can’t access it if you live there.
- Has a simple process for opening your account to access the KuCoin wallet
- Strict KYC verification that you must complete before you can sell or buy crypto
- Has a separate password needed for trading or when withdrawing your digital assets
- KuCoin has lower trading fees than Binance and Coinbase
- May be complicated for beginners
Ledger Nano S Plus is a mobile CSPR wallet for storing your private keys, crypto, and NFTs. As a hardware wallet, it comes in a pocket size (S Plus) and a sleek, modern (X) design. Both are cold wallets, simplifying how you store and send your CSPR while connecting to your mobile device for effective trading.
- Its portability ensures that it can be conveniently transported wherever you go
- It is spacious enough to hold over 5,500 cryptocurrencies and tokens
- It is a multisig cold wallet and therefore requires multiple signatures to authorize a transaction
- It's easy to pair with the Ledger Live app, available on desktops, iOS, or Android devices to buy, sell, and swap your CSPR
- It is an air-gapped crypto wallet with heightened security because it is disconnected from the internet
- No Bluetooth mobile connection
- Does not support iOS devices
Gate.io employs a blend of cold and hot wallets, alongside an institutional-level multi-signature wallet, to ensure the security of its users. This setup allows for easy access to digital assets such as CSPR.
- Wallet.io, which supports 2FA and is perfect for beginners
- Wallet.io Pro is more advanced, providing features for experts like multi-signature support
- Wallet.io for Business provides 100% collateral on your crypto assets. Also, it has more advanced crypto wallet security measures such as IP access restrictions, whitelisting, API signatures, and trading volume limits
- Gate.io does not charge any listing fees
- No fiat withdrawals
- Not user friendly
Casper is the self-custody wallet for CSPR, which makes it easier to store, manage, and transfer them on the Casper blockchain. You have full control over your private keys, but if you lose them, you lose access to your funds.
- You can set up your crypto wallet in seconds since it is in the official Casper blockchain wallet
- You can access unlimited DApps on the Casper Network
- You can stake your crypto to earn rewards
- You can buy, view, sell, and transfer your NFTs
- Still in the early stages of development
Trust Wallet lets you stake and purchase various crypto coins, including CSPR. It is a non-custodial wallet that gives you total control over your crypto while enabling you to access your wallet even if you lose your private keys.
- Gate.io employs a blend of cold and hot wallets, alongside an institutional-level multi-signature wallet, to ensure the security of its users. This setup allows for easy access to digital assets such as CSPR.
- No simple conversion to offline storage
Coin98 is a non-custodial wallet revolutionizing how you store and send your cryptocurrency. This wallet also gives you complete control over your coins while keeping your private keys secure.
- Simplifies how you send crypto and NFTs by eliminating the need for a long wallet address. Instead, you only need the recipient's username to send crypto
- Only you can access your crypto since it is a non-custodial wallet, and only you have access to your private key and passphrase
- User friendly, making it perfect for beginners and experts alike
- Uses multiple blockchains to send, store, purchase, or receive digital assets like CSPR
- Functions are not straightforward and may be hidden
Which CSPR wallet should you choose?
When it comes to securely storing and managing CSPR, choosing the right wallet is crucial. The best Casper wallet will depend on your individual requirements and what you plan to do with your CSPR. Bitget Wallet is a solid multi-chain wallet choice. Meanwhile, the Casper Wallet is a solid option if you are looking to manage your CSPR solely. If you plan to trade CSPR, KuCoin Wallet is a great choice since it has low trading fees. Regardless of your choice, always prioritize crypto wallet security best practices and download from trustworthy and official sites.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best wallet to store CSPR?
Which wallet should you use to store CSPR?
Does Trust Wallet support CSPR?
Can I stake casper on Ledger?
What blockchain does Casper use?
Is Casper an ERC20?
Where can I stake Casper crypto?