In This Article:
Knowledge- Not Awareness—Needs to be ImprovedHowever, the popularity of Bitcoin has still not been able to reach the level that a lot of its proponents would have hoped for at this time. Given the many benefits that it has, you’d think that Bitcoin would have become a household asset that everyone will have a piece of now. Sadly, that hasn’t been the case. One of the most significant reasons why Bitcoin ownership and adoption isn’t quite at the same level where its proponents would prefer is a lack of education. Once the members of the public are properly educated on the benefits, and the government puts in law to regulate the sector, the growth would experience a quantum leap.
Significant Progress Has Been Made, but We Need MoreSeveral initiatives have been set to help remedy this need for proper blockchain and crypto education. The Wharton School has a course called “FinTech: Foundations and Applications of Financial Technologies,” which focuses on FinTech innovations such as bitcoin. Wharton isn’t alone. Top universities across the world have taken a liking to the blockchain. About 42 percent of the top 50 universities in the world, at the time, offered at least one cryptocurrency or blockchain course. But beyond the four walls of the university, eager learners can also plug into documentaries as a way of acquiring an in-depth resource on Bitcoin, and the technology behind it. Documentary films are powerful tools used to break down topics that seem distant or unrelatable to a wide audience. For those who remain unsure about investing, one of these educational Bitcoin movies might do the trick.
1. Bitcoin: The End of Money as We Know ItBitcoin: The End of Money as We Know It is a documentary that takes you back to history to trace how money has grown into what we know it to be today. It walks through the development of modern society and the role of money, as well as how Wall Street and the financial system developed cracks that left the American economy in a state of near collapse. Then, it introduces Bitcoin and the potential that the top crypto asset has in the modern world. It shows several familiar faces in the crypto space, including popular Bitcoin Andreas Antonopoulos and Bitcoin.com chief executive Roger Ver. The feature film won the Special Jury Prize at the Amsterdam Film Festival in 2015.
2. Banking on BitcoinBanking on Bitcoin is perhaps the most popular Bitcoin-focused documentary. The Netflix film sheds light on the origins of Bitcoin technology, the path that the asset and its creators took in its nascent years, and how much potential it still has for the future.
3. The Rise and Rise of BitcoinThis documentary was filmed back in 2014, and it is one of the very first Bitcoin documentaries. It follows David Mross, a computer programmer who discovered Bitcoin in 2011. We learn about his growing interest in the asset and how he was able to learn more about the influence of the asset in the global landscape. It also sheds light on Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of Bitcoin. It talks about some important past events in the Bitcoin space, as well as an overview of the features it provides. Interviews are also given by several people- including Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin, and more.
4. The Bitcoin ExperimentThe Bitcoin Experiment was released in 2016, and it tests the legal status of Bitcoin as a possible currency. The producers of this film went to the Scandinavian lands, where they looked at the applicability of Bitcoin in the average person’s life. This way, they were able to view how people could use Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in their daily lives. From ensuring freedom from established authorities and institutions to improving financial inclusiveness, this movie demonstrates the various benefits that Bitcoin has for everyday people.
5. Bitcoin-Shape The FutureThis is a documentary produced from the eyes of China. Chinese Over-the-Counter trading platform Bitkan created this documentary, as a way of showing how Bitcoin has evolved in China. The film featured heavyweights of China’s Bitcoin ecosystem, including executives from mining giant Bitmain, Huobi and some notable Chinese investors. Perhaps the most intriguing section of the film is on how it gives the viewers a glimpse into the world of Bitcoin mining sector in China. The film tries to explain how Bitcoin evolved, who the creator was, and how Bitcoin is regulated in China.
6. The Bitcoin GospelThe Bitcoin Gospel was produced by Dutch TV station VPRO in 2015, starring Bitcoin.com CEO Roger Ver and a host of other Bitcoin influencers. The Bitcoin Gospel breaks down why people hold Bitcoin and what makes this bankless currency unique and hated by commercial and central banks alike across the world. Other prominent experts featured in this film include Andreas Antonopolous and Peter Todd.
In line with the Trust Project guidelines, the educational content on this website is offered in good faith and for general information purposes only. BeInCrypto prioritizes providing high-quality information, taking the time to research and create informative content for readers. While partners may reward the company with commissions for placements in articles, these commissions do not influence the unbiased, honest, and helpful content creation process. Any action taken by the reader based on this information is strictly at their own risk.