Merging the worlds of digital and physical art, The Dole Sunshine Company and “Hungry Artist” David Datuna teamed up to create and auction an NFT (non-fungible token) collection to raise awareness and funds for nutrition inequality worldwide.
The five piece series – a first of its kind for both Datuna and Dole – includes four fruit-inspired NFTs and a final fifth piece, Sunshine for All, a montage of the first four that is both a digital and physical work featuring Datuna’s signature lens technique.
The NFTs and the physical piece will drop on May 6 via auction platform Rarible.com/DoleSunshine at 3:30 PM PST. Coinciding with the launch, the NFTs, and the physical piece will be on display to the public for a limited time only (May 6-9) at Superchief Gallery in New York City.
- NFT DROPS ON SALE: MAY 6, 2021 at 3:30 PST
- FINAL AUCTION BEGINS: May 7, 2021
- WHERE: Rarible.com/DoleSunshine
- WHO: The Dole Sunshine Company x David Datuna, The Hungry Artist
- CHARITY: Net proceeds from the NFT and physical piece sales will be donated to Boys & Girls Clubs to fund nutrition and hunger-focused programming.
- PHYSICAL GALLERY: THURSDAY, MAY 6 – SUNDAY, MAY 9 (Noon to 6 PM EST)
- Superchief Gallery 56 E 11th St. New York, NY 10003
Private media showings available by appointment via Peppercomm/Kellyn Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews available by request with Pier-Luigi Sigismondi, Dole Global President, and Datuna
MEDIA CONTACT: Kellyn Curtis