New York, Remote, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney
$100,000 TO $180,000 PER YEAR
Drift is a leading derivatives DEX building perpetual swaps on Solana. Our mission is to bring state-of-the-art trader-centric experience from centralized exchanges on-chain. We're a team of experienced traders and builders from DeFi and traditional finance working together to make this a reality. Within five months of launching, we have: Hit $10B in cumulative volume traded; Achieved over $50M in trader open interest with $13M in collateral vault balance; Launched 21 trading markets.
Drift is looking for a Smart Contract Engineer to be a core member of our engineering team. You'll have the opportunity to research protocol design, develop smart contracts and maintain backend services that facilitate the growth of the protocol.
Drift Labs pays a competitive salary with upside potential.
- Protocol Architecture: Research and develop protocol upgrades and new financial contracts.
- Smart Contracts: Implement Solana programs and instructions with a focus on security, simplicity and ease of use.
- DevOps: build and maintain off-chain services necessary for protocol
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- High level of proficiency with Rust programming language, paradigms, constructs, and idioms. Familiarity with low-level languages such as C++ is welcome.
- Ability to build scalable applications using performant databases.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tech and write secure and high quality code.
- Passion for blockchain technology, cryptonomic protocol design, game theory, and decentralized finance.
Nice to Have
- Experience with any blockchain at the protocol level.
- Understanding of options, margin trading and derivatives products.
- Familiarity with the Solana blockchain and building applications on Solana.
Drift's Development Stack
- Frontend: Typescript + React
- Smart Contracts: Rust (using Anchor framework)
- Backend: MySQL
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Remote first - work from anywhere
- International team meets
- Stipend for laptop
Drift is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.