At BeInCrypto, we create content and products to educate and inspire everyone with crypto & Web3. We generate original content and cover the major news, and make it available in 13 languages. We make it fast and simple. We are much more than a media publication. We also develop educational products and tools and have 4 more products inside our digital nomad backpack: Learn, Rankings, Academy, and Jobs.
Like our products and solutions – our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we have a lot of fun – while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we’re known. It’s what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces.
Now we are looking for a News Editor to join the team and lead the News project content. To be a successful Editor in BIC Team, you should demonstrate amazing and accurate writing skills, possess good judgment, and have great attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch Editor should have good business acumen, and creativity, and be able to work well with a team.
One important point: this role has a fixed time shift – you should be available to work on Saturdays and Sundays.
What you’ll do:
- Build, maintain, and update the content calendar.
- Be on top of everything that is going on in the cryptocurrency industry.
- Generate and approve leads that reflect the editorial line.
- Proofread, edit, and improve content before it is published.
- Curate and review content by other journalists to be published online
- Fact-check information in articles and stories.
- Meet with other team leaders and SEO analysts to coordinate, improve, and maintain an editorial line.
- Receive and give effective feedback.
It’s a perfect match if you have:
- Native-English speaker. Strong writing background and skills required;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, or Communications, Management
- Resourceful and self-directed. You can edit anything from story assignments to projects with minimal direction, and you consistently deliver polished work;
- Excellent at prioritization and handling multiple projects at once;
- Passionate about self-improvement and at ease with constructive criticism;
- Someone who works with equal enthusiasm, whether you’re a project leader or team member;
- Excited to learn about new finance topics and have a strong interest in the latest developments in Crypto & Blockchain;
- Creative and innovative in your daily work and your deliveries;
Nice to have:
- Broad understanding of Web 3.
- Remote working experience.
Key points to note in the article format:
- Reliable and verified sources;
- In-depth, well-researched pieces, from 500 words to 1500 words;
- Original content and angle for each piece; no paraphrasing or plagiarism allowed;
- We want to inform and inspire the reader;
- High-quality, engaging, sharable content;
- Lots of data/images/graphics/lists;
- Use of quotes and relevant references;
- No large hard-to-digest blocks of text;
- Conversational style writing that’s easy to read;
What we can offer:
- A true startup experience – flat hierarchy, no bureaucracy, and the opportunity to have a meaningful impact on a growing business.
- A culture of autonomy and accountability.
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you’re maxing out on learning, growth, and impact, and getting recognized for the great work you do along the way.
- Constant growth opportunities.
- The chance to join a stellar team of talents and learn from them.
- We have team members in 60 countries all over the world! Wherever you go, you can meet someone from the BeInCrypto family.
About your BeInCrypto team:
- You will join our stellar editorial team with writers, editors and journalists from all over the World.
If you feel that being a Weekend News Editor at BeInCrypto is your dream job, send us your CV with a cover letter and portfolio (samples of your Crypto articles).
The next steps are:
- An interview with our recruiter: we will learn more about each other.
- A test assignment (a short article with our special requirements).
- An interview with our hiring manager and our manager advisor: you will get to know people to work with and will dive into all the job details.
Join our BIC creative team and take your professional experience to the next level!