BeInCrypto is looking for a Spanish Editor to drive its news output forward and help grow its expanding user base. We’re looking for someone in Spain or in LATAM countries, who knows the crypto industry inside and out, has strong experience editing news, features, and in-depth analysis, and is adept at juggling multiple tasks.
What is BeInCrypto?
BeInCrypto is an unbiased news site that specializes in cryptographic technology, privacy, fintech, and the internet. We are committed to providing accurate, up-to-date, and trustworthy information so that our readers can make the right decisions.
- You will have at least two years of experience as a news or features editor.
- You will have a strong knowledge of cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and the entire industry.
- You will be based in Spain or LATAM countries.
- You will be a native Spanish speaker.
- You will have the ability to manage and nurture writers.
- You will have a background in online content creation with strong SEO knowledge.
- You will have the best analytical abilities and be familiar with competitor analysis, testing and have Google Analytics knowledge.
- You will be able to spot a typo a mile off and have impeccable editing skills.
- You will be able to run a newsdesk, manage staff and assign effectively.
- You will help grow our audience and demonstrate that growth.
- Your time management will be excellent while working remotely with a team around the world.
- News – overseeing a consistent output and editing daily news content (some weekend shifts will be required).
- Features – working alongside the features editor to ensure all long-form content is delivered to a high standard.
- The primary responsibility of a BeInCrypto editor is to oversee the daily output of news stories across the team. This means running a daily news meeting and fulfilling the following tasks
- Choosing and assigning a topic/discussing topics with writers.
- Setting a deadline.
- Discussing the article structure with writers.
- Helping to find industry experts who can provide us with quotes and comments.
- Overall “management of the writer”.
- Editing/suggesting/commenting on the article.
- Have extensive WordPress knowledge.
- Editors must utilize keyword research tools for headlines, URLs, and copy.
- Checking the quality of writing.
- Checking the structure, length, language.
- Checking whether sentences are too long, repetitive.
- Helping to choose a relevant image for the article/asking designers to produce images if needed.
- Choosing tags.
- Choosing categories.
- Provide writers with feedback.
- Publishing the article.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with industry players and experts.
- Native-Spanish speaker,
- Strong news writing/ editing background and skills required,
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Spanish, or related major,
- Solid experience within the news writing and cryptocurrency scene,
- Creative and innovative in your daily work and your deliveries.
- Fluent in English.
- Fully remote job in a friendly atmosphere.
- A culture of autonomy and accountability.
- A people-focused organization dedicated to making sure you’re maxing out on learning, growth, and impact, and getting recognized for the great work you do along the way.
- The chance to join a stellar team of talents from all over the world and learn from them.