BeInCrypto is looking for a Managing and Editor-In-Chief to drive its news output forward and help grow its expanding user base. We’re looking for someone in the UK, the US, or Europe who knows the crypto industry inside and out, has strong experience editing news, features, and in-depth analysis, and is adept at juggling multiple tasks.
What is BeInCrypto?
BeInCrypto is an unbiased news site that specializes in cryptographic technology, privacy, fintech, and the internet. We are committed to providing accurate, up-to-date, and trustworthy information so that our readers can make the right decisions.
- You will have at least two years of experience as a news or features editor.
- You will have a strong knowledge of cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and the entire industry.
- You will be based in the UK, US, or Europe.
- You will be a native English speaker.
- You will have the ability to manage and nurture writers.
- You will have a background in online content creation with strong SEO knowledge.
- You will have the best analytical abilities and be familiar with competitor analysis, testing and have Google Analytics knowledge.
- You will be able to spot a typo a mile off and have impeccable editing skills.
- You will be able to run a newsdesk, manage staff and assign effectively.
- You will help grow our audience and demonstrate that growth.
- Your time management will be excellent while working remotely with a team around the world.
- Creating and enforcing parameters and policies regarding all publications and content.
- Preparing and controlling budgets for the departments they oversee.
- Overseeing the planning and conception of content.
- Curating mood boards, editorial boards, writing outlines.
- Assigning tasks and projects so as to ensure all objectives meet the established deadlines and budgets.
- Leading meetings and discussions.
- Reading and approving manuscripts in a timely manner.
- Rejecting unappealing pieces or recommending ways to improve them, and approving layouts and designs.
- Ensuring all information is accurate, before publishing.
- Acting as a representative for the publication at events.
- Contributing to the recruiting and hiring process.
- Planning a content calendar.
- Interaction with the other departments.
- Native-English speaker.
- Strong news writing/ editing background and skills required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, English, or related major.
- Solid experience within the news writing and cryptocurrency scene.
- Creative and innovative in your daily work and your deliveries.
- Remote, full-time work is available.
- Join a stellar team of talents from all over the world and learn from them.
- Unique opportunity to take part in the emergence of a future leader in bitcoin news coverage.